Alfred Latour Prize – 2nd edition
Candidate applications open
From 1 January to 15 April 2021
The Alfred Latour Prize – established by the Alfred Latour Foundation in collaboration with Editions Actes Sud – is awarded to a publishing project that combines at least two of the disciplines practiced by Alfred Latour over the course of his career, namely: painting, engraving, draughtsmanship, textile design and photography. The prize is aimed at recognized artists, having participated in a number of collective exhibitions as well as at least one personal exhibition.
The Alfred Latour Prize
The prize consists in a creative bursary in the amount of 20,000 Swiss francs as well as the publishing costs of the winning work in the amount of 60,000 Swiss francs.
The Alfred Latour Young Artist Prize
In accordance with its aim of encouraging young artists, the Alfred Latour Foundation also awards a grant of 10,000 Swiss francs to an outstanding project by an artist younger than forty.
- Must be sponsored by two recognized authorities in their particular field (gallery owners, critics, museum directors, known artists and/or university or art school professors), but not by a jury member.
- Must have taken part in a number of collective exhibitions and at least one personal exhibition in a gallery or cultural institution.
- Must have French as their language of communication, both for their submission dossier and the content of their project.
Extracts from the press coverage of the book by Augustin Rebetez, winner of the 2019 Alfred Latour Prize.
Libération – 04.11.2020 Le Temps – 27.10.2020
Jury members 2021/2022 :
- Anne-Sylvie Bameule, Director of the Art, Nature & Society department at Actes Sud, Arles
- Miquel Barceló, painter, draughtsman, sculptor and potter, Majorca / Paris
- François Hébel, Director of the Cartier Bresson Foundation, Paris
- Werner Jeker, Graphic designer, Les Ateliers du Nord, Lausanne
- Christian Lacroix, fashion designer, costume designer, illustrator and designer, Paris / Arles
- 1 January 2021Opening of candidature applications
- 15 April 2021Closing of candidature applications
- 1 July 2021Announcement of the winners of the first prize and of the Young Artist prize
- 1 June 2022Delivery by the candidate of all elements of the projects to be included by the editor
- 1 Septembre 2022Publication of the work by éditions Actes Sud